From fashion spreads to home goods, one of the hottest trends this season is fur. However, in favor of our furry friends, I shop strictly for faux versions. You don’t have to sacrifice the decadent feel or look of the “real” thing in my picks below.
1. This blanket is snuggle worthy all winter long. Choose from Fox, Chinchilla, Lynx, Mink and Coyote. (Restoration Hardware, $249).
2. Work in a textured pillow like this to easily elevate a room.
3. I'm loving this winter coat from the buzzed-about line Carven. With a faux shearling collar and sleek double breasted front, this is sure to be a staple piece.
(Mr. Porter, 590).
4. I’ve rarely ever seen a fur bag that’s chic but leave it to Stella McCartney to nail it this season in her signature animal-friendly style. The beloved “Falabella” bag works as a tote and shoulder bag -- the perfect companion for the season. (Net-A-Porter, $1335).
5. You can never go wrong with a fur vest's traditional nature and versatility. This plush version is a great investment piece. (Bloomingdales, $295).