Happy Monday everyone -- with the subways up and running we are (slowly) getting back to normal here in New York. I made it through the storm just fine, although I live in the part of Manhattan that was without power for days. Hindsight, of course, is 20/20 -- and now that I can speak from experience, here's my list of essential items to have on-hand during a storm:
1. A battery-powered radio
2. LOTS of flashlights
3. A land line for my telephone
4. A laminated list of all the names and numbers that are in my phone (in case I am unable to access it)
5. Multiple BlackBerry chargers and TONS of extra batteries
7. A stash of cash in case bank machines don't work
8. Lots of candles of all shapes and sizes -- but one universal color (so much nicer when they're all you've got to look at for hours)
9. These super-cool traveling nylon bags from Muji that Alexis brought over
10. The perfect pair of Long Johns. I'm still looking, so I'd love any suggestions!
11. Saltines crackers
12. Philadelphia Cream Cheese. No matter what happens, Saltines and cream cheese can get you through!