In my dinner party dreams for this holiday season, I'm imagining friends gathered around a table flickering with festive gold-accented accessories. Whether you want to build an entire metallic theme or work in small accents among other bold colors (or mixed metals!), here are some gilded pieces to incorporate.
1. I love this hand-glazed porcelain serving bowl that can be dressed up or down, depending on the meal. Plus, it's dishwasher safe. (Michael Wainwright, $244)
2. This luxe placemat is gorgeous and its lacquer top makes it easy to wipe down. (Jay Fleet Designs, $72 each)
3. Sure, you could go for the gold-rimmed plate but why not have some fun? And the starbust pattern allows you to easily integrate silver into the table palette.(Crate and Barrel, $7.95 each)
4. Michael Aram is always a go-to when I want to add natural elements with a twist. Here he mixes oxidized bronze with goldplate and copperplate for a salt and pepper shaker you won't want to hide in the kitchen. (Michael Aram, $109)
5. So easy and elegant. (Design Within Reach, $30-$50 for a five-piece setting)
6. If you want to fast forward the process and get a whole matching gold entertaining set, here's your answer.(Martha Stewart Collection, ranges from $76 to $32 per piece)
6. A little bit luxe, a little bit natural, what's better than foliage napkin rings? (William Sonoma, $39.80 for set of four)