This cake takes about about 20 packs of oreos-and a steady hand:
- Begin stacking
- Use a circular cake stand or platter and begin with your first layer of oreos to cover the whole platter/cakestand
- When you get to the next layer place the cookies so that they cover the seam of the cookies below (the way you would lay bricks)
- 7 layers later-begin your 8th layer (but start one cookie in) and build 6 layers up
- On the 6th stacked layer, start one cookie in and continue to stack... Our cake is 19 layers, but you can make as big or as little as you like!
- For a festive touch we added a sparkler to the top
- Last but not least: Let Them Eat Cake!
Tulip arrangement how-to:
For that bowl we used about 300 stems of French Tulips:
- Start by laying them down, one by one on their side and lining the heads up.
- Hold them down with one hand while using clippers and cutting the stems to make them all an even length (about twice the height of the bowl).
- Gather the bundle and place in bowl.
- Stack about 170 – 200 (as much as you can gather in your arms and drop in the bowl).
- Lastly, fill in holes with remaining tulips by sticking them in straight as the other tulips have created a diagonal grid (a built in flower frog).